I told you we would GET STARTED at Liz.Kitchen and that means we start with cleaning. I really try to keep things clean because it is easy for me to get sick. I also have issues with certain smells and chemicals – so that means at times I need “helping hands.”
Being on a fixed income means I need to really take care of the money I get and use it well. It means I have to find the best deals I can and the first place I go for cleaning supplies is the Dollar Tree.
I saved $7.49 –
So I bought 5 new herbs and spices for my pantry and a NEW TOOTHBRUSH and $1.00 left in my pocket!
Priced at other local stores – $12.49
Here’s why we picked these items
- The pail has a handle I can carry.
- The pail has a lip I can pour.
- The pail was $1.00
- Warning THESE ARE LATEX
- I am not allergic to latex – if you are DO NOT BUY these
- Make sure you know your allergies
- Always look for the Black Triangle
- These are HEAVY DUTY and will scratch things like your special pans so make sure to test them if you use them for cleaning dishes
- They work really well to clean dirt
- Test the surfaces you are cleaning in a small area like a corner or edge
- These can be thrown away after you have used them
- They are stronger than paper towels to clean things
- I love this to get dirt out of harder to reach places
- I put my old toothbrush into my cleaning get and gave myself a brand new one!
There are some things I cannot do and one of them is I can’t touch Chlorine Bleach – that is a problem because that is how you SANITIZE things. So this is the first place I will talk about “Helping Hands.”
Learn next how I can work with Sanitizing (coming soon)